Thursday, 7 June 2012

The Saga Begins...

I had a brainwave. I've not been keeping my journal very well (at all actually, I was pretty good at it until my first relationship ended and then I never wanted to record anything after that, lame I know!) :( So I thought I'd try the blog format in order to record my life and show it to the kids one day.

I finished my 2nd year Chemistry exams 2 weeks and 2 days ago, so I've been chillin' and doing a lot of nothing. I've recently been re-watching the TV show, "How I Met Your Mother". Being a girl, my brainwave was to turn this show's premise around and record the story of my pre-marital life so it'll be easier to tell my future posterity. Basically I want to do the hard work in the present, so I can be lazy later!

Where to start? I was born on 20th June 1992. I am currently 19 years, 11 months and 18 days old. Down to the minute as I wrote that last sentence at 22:57, the exact time the midwife declared that I had left my mother's uterus. Eww.

I lived a pretty good life from then on. Born to a father and mother who are converts of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I was brought up with good values, two older brothers (now 27 and 23), a good sense of humour and GREAT taste in music...obviously! When I turned 18 I thought life had only just begun, and it kind of only had. Having a birthday in June at the end of the academic year, it felt like everything changed at once. The summer of 2010 I left school, finished seminary, became a YSA (Young Single Adult), went on a music tour to Venice, Italy, got a great tan, left home for university and got a bank account. It hit me pretty hard and I loved it. In fact I love it. I enjoy my life and the things I'm involved with. And that's the beauty of it, I do everything I do because it interests me. There's no more being made to mix with certain people because they're in my school class and I have no choice but to fraternise with them. I have choices. My agency is very important to me, it's something God handed over to me a long time ago.

Right now I'm sitting in bed in Edgbaston, Birmingham where I have been living for the best part of the last two years. I'll be packing up my things over the next week or so ready to go back to Watford, NW London which is home. We've lived there since April 2009 when we moved out of my childhood home in Harrow. I wasn't sad to leave the old house, the new one is AWESOME! The location is much nicer, greener and has more of a community feeling. Oh, and did I mention there aren't any drug dealers across the road unlike the Harrow house? It's the little things ;)

So what do I want my future kids to know? I don't know! But I want there to be an account of my life just in case they're the littlest bit interested. And it should be fun posting about the good, the bad and the ugly.

Oh and baby-daddy, wherever you are. You'll appear on here someday, so be cool yeah?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Witty banter/critique welcomed here:

LDS Listings
HyperSmash hit counter