Thursday, 17 October 2013

Talk Soup I

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure betrayal of false friends; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a happy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."



I'm not going to give this quotation an author as it is apparently commonly and incorrectly attributed to RWE. Whoever said it, I think it's poignant. And while it doesn't include any aspects of religion (which I hold very close to my personal success in life), it makes me want to be a better person and leave some lasting effect on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Witty banter/critique welcomed here:

LDS Listings
HyperSmash hit counter